Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The old lady who lives down the lane, or Ode to Cheesecake.

Rough
I felt like doing something fresh and random.  I had some inspiration from the picture below.  I want to meet this lady someday.
She is awesome.
I think I'll post some sketches of her later. But right now... behold! The finished product.
I like how it turned out.  I now need some help deciding what to do next.  Should I proceed with watercolors, or just do it digitally.  I do not know.  Opinions?  Also, after finishing it up, I would like to make some prints of it and do some of that stuff if anybody is interested...

Cheesecake.

2 comments:

  1. She is totally snazzy. I think doing a digital would be really cool, but watercolor would make it look a bit more natural. I guess it depends on what kind of a look you would be going for...... So ya! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I am very interested in that Cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aedan!
    I like the visual balance between left and right, and I think you have done really well in finding an inspiration point and then going from there to create an illustration that is 100% your own.
    As far as doing it digitally or watercolor, there is only one answer to that question:

    You should do use the method that helps you create an effective image.

    Are you wanting to push yourself in traditional media? Go with watercolor. Are you wanting to try out all those new digital techniques you learned last week? Do digital! I have learned that there's no one right way to create an image. You must decide what works best for you.

    Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!
    -Will

    ReplyDelete