Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Flight pt.1

Here is a recent piece I've been working on.  I really like it's composition, and the kid turned out nicely as well.  I think I'm going to finish this piece like my Life of Pi illustration.  I also must confess that the flying marine life wasn't all original.  An awesome illustrator, Justin Gerard, did an illustration that depicts a girl riding a sea-turtle.  I think whales are cooler than sea-turtles anyway...yeah.
The sheet was a little big for the scanner, so it doesn't look that good right now, but hopefully the final thing will look better.

2 comments:

  1. Very neat, Aidan. I love that picture by Justin Gerard, and I think it's cool to see you exploring the same idea with whales–which are at least as cool as sea turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aidan, I'm not sure if you want suggestions, but I think it would be pretty awesome if you drew a pic of post-transformation Artham–he's by far my favorite character throughout the series, and I'd love to see your imagining of him.

    ReplyDelete